Milford, New Hampshire
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of ultrasonic sensor technologies for marine and industrial applications.
Multidisciplinary role focused on acoustic transducer and systems product design, critical analysis and development of in-air and in-water applications. Ability to conceive, create, design and prototype transducer products and perform specialized acoustic and electrical testing. Participates and leads in projects through full life cycle. This position will work closely with: Chief Scientist; Electrical, Mechanical, Test and Manufacturing engineering staff; Industrial Products staff, and Marketing.
- Applies acoustic, electrical and systems engineering theory and concepts to the design and development and construction of new and existing products.
- Researches, analyzes, and executes acoustic transducer product development, performance, and failure analysis. Creates presentations for internal and customers use and education.
- Assists in the product design priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts or assists in acoustic measurements and Z electrical measurements.
- Working with Test Engineering, assists in upgrade of acoustic test facilities.
- Works with Engineering Technician staff to design and construct new transducers and systems; participates in product boat testing.
- Creates, develops, and performs specialized acoustic and electrical testing including measurements at environmental conditions.
- Participates in the development and manufacturing issues through resolution. Ensure product is developed to maintain product performance and product life at cycling pressure.
- Participates in the design review and manufacturing readiness reviews.
- Documents new ideas into Intellectual Property disclosures; works with legal staff from idea inception to patent application document with thorough prior art, to actual Patent issue.
- Assists quality control in inspection procedures and acts as reference.
- Creates, checks, maintains engineering drawings. Maintains and verifies upgrades and accuracy for engineering department.
- Interfaces with suppliers/vendors for purchase of new equipment and/or parts and relays information to appropriate manager.
- Interfaces with customers during development as required; prepares and presents presentations.
- Gains additional ME, EE, Signal Processing engineering knowledge to enhance acoustic group capabilities.
- Creates and executes Electrical-Mechanical-Acoustical finite element models. Compares model results to experimental results to assist in design changes.
- BS or greater in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, acoustics, physics, or related areas.
- 0-2+ years of experience
Scott Passeser, Sr. VP
Commack, NY 11725