Architectural Project Manager
Architectural Project Manager
Melville, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our Client is a large engineering firm in Suffolk County NY seeking an Architectural Project Manager to join their team of top professionals.
The Architectural Project Manager:
• Is a capable and experienced person with authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the client in matters to do with the project.
• Is aware of and helps to articulate clients’ goals and objectives.
• Plans the project in all aspects of definition, schedule and budget in coordination with the Managing Partner.
• Determines the skills required for the project.
• Coordinates the selection of the project engineers, designers, draftspersons who make up the design team .
• Is responsible for recommending, coordinating, and scheduling outside consultants.
• Prepares weekly staffing forecasts and requirements related to their assigned projects.
• Attends all project related meetings.
• Produces all meeting minutes, memoranda or other notes.
• Coordinates all questions with the client.
• Receives all project related information coming into the office and distributes accordingly.
• Coordinates all conceptual, design and technical reviews.
• Performs all quality assurance audits to verify that quality control procedures have been performed.
• Mentors the project team and seeks specialized help when needed.
• Coordinates the preparation of all specifications and bid books.
• Coordinates all printing and delivery requirements to the client, other consultants, approval agencies, etc.
• Coordinates with all approval agencies and authorities to ensure that specific requirements are addressed.
• Organizes and establishes project files. Coordinates new project set-up with Admins.
• Coordinates or conducts Construction Administration activities.
• Provides billing information to the Accounting Department and reviews all invoices prior to mailing.
• Assists the Managing Partner in collections and informs Manager of any issues that may arise with collections.
• Oversees and ensures project profitability, making the Managing Partner aware of the project budget at significant milestones and is conscientious of scope “creep”.
• Make recommendations to the Managing Partner for any adjustment in fees, prepares, and distributes all Contract Amendments, receiving authorization from Client(s) prior to executing the work.
• Coordinates and monitors all construction budgets and cost estimates.
• Keeps the Managing Partner up to date on all relative issues and schedules associated with the project.
• Coordinates the project team and is responsible for securing proper representation of the project at any required hearings or conferences.
• Strong Technical Background in mixed-use/ multifamily and Industrial Design.
• Strong understanding of state and local building and zoning codes to ensure successful completion of the project.
• Proven ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Strong working experience AutoCAD & MS Office required. 3D modeling experienced preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment.
• Self-motivated with high attention to detail. Ability to work independently and be self-sustainable.
• Ability to take direction and effectively communicate across all disciplines.
• BS Architecture with minimum 10 years’ experience.
*Professional registration preferred.