Architectural Project Manager
Architectural Project Manager
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our client is an award-winning and influential Architectural Design Firm. They are looking for an experienced Architectural Project Manager to join their team of Top Professionals in the Irvine, CA area.
Company designs influential and award-winning projects throughout the world. Their practice is diverse with an eclectic portfolio of successful architecture, planning, and interior design assignments. Their team comprises a talented group of individuals, equally entranced by art, fashion, technology, business, education, sports, food, and above all – design. They believe in teamwork, family, friendship, happy hours, charity, and healthy competition.
Role: Project Manager
The Project Manager position is primarily responsible for overseeing all architectural aspects of the development of the design, production of construction documents, and specifications, and the overall
management of the project team.
• Establish project objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them; responsible for deliverables outlined in the scope.
• Manage project team, assigning staff, mentoring staff, and making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to project.
• Establish, facilitate, and/or participate in both client and internal meetings; Interface with clients throughout each project and manage relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule.
• Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
• Prepare and review all construction documents for accuracy; coordinate documents with internal team members and external consultants.
• Demonstrate and utilize working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical design as well as of relevant codes.
• Coordinate the submission of documents to the building department and manage construction administration (RFIs, RFPs, shop drawings, submittals, etc.).
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of project schedules, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs, etc. while adhering to pricing strategy agreed upon by client and contractors.
• Exude a collaborative and positive attitude in working with the Production Team and foster an atmosphere for learning and professional growth.
• Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
• Licensed Architect in California; NCARB Certified preferred
• Broad project type experience including multi-family preferred, along with hospitality and office.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a professional office setting including broad experience in various project types and phases preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office (Revit competency test will be administered prior to hire).
• Strong listening, oral/verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills required.
• Skilled in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to brainstorm and formulate alternatives.
• Candidates with existing Work Authorization only (company unable to sponsor candidates at this time).