Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Long Island City, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our Client is one of the Largest Property Management Companies in the NYC Metro Area. They are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join their team of top professionals.
Chief Financial Officer (Long Island City/NYC)
The Chief Financial Officer provides both operational and programmatic support to the company. The CFO supervises all financial aspects of the company and is the chief financial spokesperson. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer and assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funding. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, deal analysis and negotiations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct & lead accounting staff, maintain financial books / records, direct financial activities & report to management on tax, financial, accounting issues
- Work with VP of Finance & Dept. Heads to implement new accounting systems/procedures & oversee the Financial Analysts, AP, and AR departments and ensure adequate controls are installed
- Nurture a positive work environment that inspires teamwork, integrity, and accountability while improving productivity and work-life balance.
- Must have experience working in the Condo/Coop arena, meeting with Boards
- Attend Board and New Business meetings as necessary
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity (Building Staff & Corporate Payroll)
- Work with accounting dept. heads and HR Director to ensure annual performance checks, reviews, performance issues, promotions, raises, termination protocols are followed in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, reporting to clients, financial trends, etc.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the company
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduce new programs/strategies and regulatory actions
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives and department heads so as to identify their needs and seek full range of solutions
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business methods, procedures, activities and new laws that may impact financial reporting for corporate office or clients
- Manage process for & direct preparation of financial forecasting, financial positioning, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the company
- Oversee bookkeeping & direct preparation of financial budgets
- Manage preparation of financial reports & advise management on desired operational adjustments
- Arrange for audits of accounts
- Oversee insurance coverage
- Direct financial planning, review bank records.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors
- Monitor banking activities of the company
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet company needs
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the company may offer employees and potential employees.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff
- Ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and staff is essential. Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation.
PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong understanding and working knowledge of varied accounting & industry programs including MDS, IPS, ClickPay, PaychexFlex, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Teams & Zoom
Qualifications and Requirements:
BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA, and CPA. Ten plus years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development and property management. Five to seven years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization with a staff of at least 50 employees.