New York, New York
Accounting, Finance and Real Estate
Our client is a specialized, high-growth Managing General Insurance Agency (MGA) who is looking for a Compliance Specialist to join their New York City Team.
Salary : $100000 - $115000
- Assess company policies to determine discrepancies with current insurance regulations
- Propose recommendations to reduce or eliminate insurance compliance risks
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Communicate with employees and make sure everyone is aware of what they need to do to comply with internal and external laws and regulations.
- Consulting with the legal department and advising leadership and management on compliance matters.
- Communicating with government agencies
- Review and address filing objections to achieve approval in all target states
- Provide support to internal departments on filing-related issues.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Benefits Package Including - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- 8+ years of insurance compliance experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures, and other relevant regulatory standards.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and to interact with internal staff, department managers.