White Plains, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Executive Alliance is representing our client, a dynamic and growing Construction Consulting/ Management firm in the NYC Metro Area. This role can sit at JFK Airport, in NYC offices or in White Plains.
They are looking to hire a dedicated Construction Scheduler that can work in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the ideal candidate will have an extensive understanding of the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules inclusive of design, procurement, construction, close-out, equipment installation, and commissioning activities. They must understand and apply engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
In addition, this candidate will develop and maintain critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
This individual will prepare and review baseline schedules, perform schedule reviews with entire project teams and obtain buy-in; they must be able to customize project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
- Monitor and document construction progress, identify, track, and assist in resolution of construction issues/conflicts.
- Monitor, review and report the schedule status of the project with regards to compliance with the construction contract specifications and other documents.
- Create Cost and Resource Loaded scheduling, gather data, validate, and incorporate it into the project schedule, analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective action to be taken to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns.
- Prepare clear and concise scheduling/update analysis reports, including project indicators on a regular basis.
- Support corporate initiatives, accumulating historical performance data, for use in realistic planning and forecasting of future projects.
- Interface and participate in conferences with project teams (Owner, General, AE, Subcontractors and Suppliers).
- Be ready and able to enter new and unfamiliar environments and quickly assess and address the needs and requirements of the team.
- Must have the ability to work in a mixed team environment confidently and tactfully.
- Collect, input, validate and analyze progress in the master schedule, using Primavera P6.
- Assess that project objectives, both short and long term, are being met.
- Incorporate detail fragments and other sequencing modifications as required.
- Prepare and publish reports on a regular basis
- Present schedule related information and feedback to the Project team, including the Owner and subcontractors.
- College degree in engineering or construction management
- 8 years’ work experience
- Expert use of Oracle Primavera P6
- Scheduling Software Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in EVMS (Earned Value Management System)