Manufacturing & Supply Chain
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client is seeking a Controls Engineer to support production and maintenance to meet organizational metrics as well as maintain and facilitate process improvement and workflow documentation. In this role, you will assist in selection, design criteria, and validation of new equipment as necessary providing project management, scopes of work, cost estimates and timeline for implementation.
A highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package are being offered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support production and maintenance to meet organizational metrics
- Create production work documentation such as change-over checklists, SOPs, and SOCs for new and existing products and processes
- Assist in selection, design criteria, and validation of new equipment as necessary
- Maintain and facilitate process improvement and workflow documentation
- Ability to lead a project while maintaining scope, cost, and schedule criteria
- Provide project management, scopes of work, cost estimates and timeline for implementation
- Engineer, design, build, and specify equipment systems to meet technical service needs for improved final product, productivity, or cost reductions.
- Provide structured planning that considers production requirements, staffing requirements, and safety aspects
- Must possess in-depth working knowledge of all production machinery to develop and implement operational training manuals.
- Must have the ability and desire to troubleshoot, manipulate, and program PLCs. Allen Bradley required, Beckhoff knowledge and familiarity is a plus
- Knowledge of programming in multiple formats to include Ladder Diagram, Structured Text, Function Block, and Sequential Function Diagram
- Capable of Integrating multiple machines via Ethernet communication
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and systems under pressure and determine root cause
- Ability to communicate and interact with various levels of personnel to accomplish goals and tasks
- Adhere to FDA/GMP requirements for food manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of experience taking an active role in projects within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of controls logic as it applies to manufacturing equipment and the ability to write and modify controls programs as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PLC programming software
- Proven track record of safe work habits and/or promoting a safe workplace
- Likes to perform hands-on work
- Understands key manufacturing process attributes such as quality, efficiency, OEE, yield, and downtime
- Ability to confidently troubleshoot systems and implement improvements
Director of Recruiting
direct dial - 631.498.8329