Director Of Operations
Director Of Operations
Hicksville, New York
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is seeking a dynamic operation professional to join their team as the Director of Operations at their Long Island facility. In this key role, you will oversee the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing function including machining, assembly, facilities, maintenance, and control of product quality.
The Director of Operations will keep the management team informed as to the status of production, promptly identify bottlenecks, and recommend/execute solutions for improvement.
The DOO will be responsible for the overall site production operations and creating a work environment which promotes high quality products, delivery reliability, cost effectiveness, continuous improvement, and sustainable growth.
In this leadership role you will be responsible for the direction and the management of site activities and ensure compliance with the company's strategic guidelines and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the VP of Operations in the development of operational efficiency and increased productivity goals, as well as the development of long-term operational plans.
- Develop and forecast budgetary plans to achieve financial objectives.
- Analyze current operational processes and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Monitor day-to-day operations and processes and review against key metrics to ensure the efficiency of the manufacturing group including employee productivity and training.
- Oversee the manufacturing engineering group to implement process improvements including developing automation projects which will maximize output and reduce costs.
- Oversee the maintenance and facility groups to improve and sustain the overall health of the facility, machinery, and EHS Program.
- Draw on relationships with department heads, external customer, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills and a focus on the health and safety of the employees.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Must have implemented lean in a manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 10 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have 7 years minimum managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred.
direct dial - 631.498.8329