Milford, New Hampshire
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of ultrasonic sensor technologies for underwater applications.
Under minimal supervision, applies knowledge and skill in electrical engineering to any area required including analog and digital circuit design practice (including magnetic circuit design), testing systems, and computer programming.
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and other chemicals deemed necessary.
- Evaluates existing circuit designs and recommends alternative methods.
- Tests prototype components as well as matching circuitry both in house test tanks and in open water (lake and ocean boat tests).
- Evaluates and develops new electronic products, specifies electronic components, equipment and tools, specified electronic components.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of electronic devices and/or equipment.
- Assess plans and execute multiple engineering projects concurrently.
- Work with all engineering disciplines as well as different departments to develop new products and product specifications as well as provide sustaining engineering.
- Manage projects and products from concept, through design, and into production.
- Design, test, and debug electronic circuits for interfacing with ultrasonic sensors, for both transmit and receive functions to optimize impedance matching and to minimize power drain, cost and heating.
- Applies knowledge of testing electronics devices to meet current standards (such as ESO, ESD protection, etc.) and product certifications, such as CE EN60945, FCC Part 15, etc.
- Work with test engineering to provide recommendations for and assist in the development of test systems.
- Uses the tools of specialized computer programs (CAD) for circuit analysis, circuit optimization, and PC board layout.
- Applies knowledge of digital interface electronics to meet established standards in the industry for communicating with displays, microprocessors, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Acoustics, ultrasonic and computer programming courses, or experience desirable
- 4-7 years of experience
- Skilled in analog and digital circuit design
- PCB layout practice
- Use of test equipment
- Circuit debugging
- Analytical skills required
- Familiarity with modern electrical and mechanical CAD systems
- Project Management experience
Scott Passeser, Sr. VP
Commack, NY, 11725