Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is a world class Manufacturer that grew 30% last year and whose products are in extremely high demand.
Our client, based in Littleton, Massachusetts manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The engineer we seek designs, performs tests and analyzes routine problems and independently carries out assignments that have specific objectives and which involve standard procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience with acoustic transducers and sonar.
- Design transducers including acoustical and electrical outputs, mechanical configurations and environmental protection for underwater use.
- Support detailed design and analysis culminating in an engineering drawing and related parts lists and BOMs.
- Design mechanical components, assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Create, review and release technical documentation packages which control the form, fit, function and manufacturing processes for transducer products.
- Perform and document in-process and final testing of electroacoustic devices.
- Support R&D of cutting edge transducer products.
- Interface with technicians during the design process to address any foreseeable fabrication issues.
- Support program functional task elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality, configuration, logistics, facilities, etc.
- Work with Business Development Team to bid new prototype programs.
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Ocean Engineering), Science, (Acoustics or physics) or related Technical Field.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in engineering in a related field.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams with conflicting/competing priorities in a cooperative, team building manner.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and familiar with numerical analysis software such as MathCad or MATLAB. Familiarity with 3-D solid modeling software such as Solidworks or Alibre preferred. Experience with finite element analysis a plus.
- Must be a US citizen, eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Commack, NY 11725