Washington, District of Columbia
Our client, a leader in the Disaster Restoration industry, in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD region, is in search of an experienced Environmental Supervisor to lead the company's efforts to ensure a safe and healthy work environment across its facilities.
Salary : $75000 - $85000
• Inspects the facility and job sites to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
• Sends employees to Concentra and monitors compliance with DOT, Respirators, and vaccinations.
• Oversees driver safety program and reviews driver safety reporting and incidents.
• Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
• Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
• Responsible for updating OSHA logs and posting per OSHA requirements.
• Prepares and schedules training (i.e. toolbox talks) for all departments to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
• Responsible for investigating worker’s compensation claims with all involved parties.
• Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
• Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
• Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
• Creates safety and accidental prevention programs for all C&C locations.
• Collaborates with Human Resources to develop drug and alcohol policy and training programs for all locations.
• Creates safety program to reduce workplace injuries.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety, and Health, or related field required; Master’s degree desirable.
• Five years of related experience preferred.
• OSH30 preferred.
631-493-0574 ext. 102 (Main)