Our extremely well-known and well-established restaurant client is currently seeking an Executive Chef for their Milwaukee location. This position is responsible for the overall budget and leadership of the culinary staff providing the strategy, direction and oversight of all back-of-the-house operations, menu development and foods served in in a mid-sized full-service restaurant. In addition to a generous base salary, the company offers a GREAT bonus structure, competitive benefits and a great working environment.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen and other production and service employees including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address those deficiencies.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with customer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications of product, recipe tasting and menu development.
- Oversees purchasing and storage of food products
- Ensures the cleanliness and quality of all kitchen areas and follow health and safety regulations governing food service
- Interviews, selects, trains, coaches, evaluates and promotes all back-of-the-house Food and Beverage employees
- Oversees scheduling, labor cost and food cost for direct reports
- Works with front-of-the-house managers to ensure outstanding guest service
- Oversees monthly inventory and high value inventory control minimizing food waste through rotating products
- Stays current in the culinary field and trains chefs and other kitchen staff; assists direct reports in hiring, training and evaluation of all kitchen staff
- Prepares budget based on developing accurate daily forecast of meals to be served
- Must be able to lead and motivate a team
- Strong experience training staff
- Ability to develop department strategies and manage a complicated budgeting and forecasting process and manage day-to-day food expenses and labor to company standards
- Design recipes and menus appropriate to different needs
- Strong knowledge of Health Department requirements for maintaining thorough cleanliness and sanitation of work areas
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of different types of cuisine
- 3+ years of experience as Executive Sous Chef or as an Executive Chef
- Previous experience managing a kitchen
Director of Recruiting