Junior Analytical Researcher
Junior Analytical Researcher
New York, New York
Accounting, Finance and Real Estate
Executive Alliance is pleased to represent our client who are a New York-based global strategic advisory for mergers and acquisitions (M & A).
They are seeking an Junior Analytical Researcher.
NOTE: This opportunity is currently fully remote with periodic presence at the company's midtown New York, NY location (need to live within commuting distance of NYC).
If you’re insightful, savvy, creative, dedicated, skillful, and frank, you’ll thrive on our client's team of dedicated and collegial professionals. You’ll play a critical role in prominent corporate and financial events, from complex mergers to ESG-fueled activist campaigns to contested situations. You’ll support and guide clients through all aspects of successful shareholder engagements. You’ll master new challenges daily with diverse opportunities for continuous learning.
Salary : $88000 - $95000
In this role, you’ll work closely with senior Stock Market Analysts to analyze equity markets and client companies’ stock market trading /stock ownership data. You’ll support the Stock Market Analyst team
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
• Understanding of the stock market, financial instruments and the investment process
• Understanding of stock valuation methods
• Ability to analyze large, complex and dynamic data sets
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Self-direction and initiative
• Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple project team requests
• Strong written and oral business communications skills
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member
• Advanced-level MS Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
• U.S. employment authorization without current or future need for sponsorship
Other helpful background
• Experience using platforms/languages such as Tableau, VBA, SQL or Python
• Related internship, industry or academic experience
• Experience working with financial data from sources such as Bloomberg and FactSet
• CFA charter or enrollment in CFA program
• Familiarity with option trading
• Technical analysis
• Build and maintain databases of institutional investors
• Import client shareholder and settlement data
• Summarize market developments
• Analyze investor buying and selling activity to support client investor relations initiatives
• Analyze settlement activity to derive institutional buyers and sellers of shares
• Generate research updates, analytical reports and client presentations
Equal Employment Opportunity/Commitment to Diversity
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Their values inclusion of individuals of all different races, genders, sexual preferences, ages and physical capabilities, in the belief that a culture of diversity will foster innovation, intelligence and imagination—and ultimately excellence—to the benefit of their employees, society and clients.