Manufacturing Engineer III
Manufacturing Engineer III
Plainview, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
The Engineering Development department of our client has a career growth opportunity for a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER III. This incumbent performs the research and development on new technologies necessary to tackle complex assembly and automation problems that have direct impact to the quality and delivery of products. More specifically, they will design, implement and successfully scale automated and semi- automated solutions based upon sound engineering principles and the technologies developed for a specific application.
- Maintain methods, operation sequence and optimize processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Expand and implement concepts, including Lean Manufacturing, etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process throughput; evaluate new materials and supplies in use based on project scope.
- Ensure compliance to design contract specification and schedule.
- Organize cross-functional reviews of the machine requirements, design, qualification and capability - Create Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that documents the design requirements of the automated equipment, delivery schedule, required documentation and qualification for acceptance at machine supplier facility and contract manufacturer’s factory
- Engage machine suppliers for automated equipment design reviews and proposals
- Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with machine suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the multi-functional teams
- Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Five (5) + years of experience OR a Master’s Degree with Three (3) + years in automation equipment used for alignment, assembly and/or measurement of components.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
- Six Sigma Green Belt, or Black Belt.
- Two (2) + years’ of Lean Manufacturing Experience.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing, including phases of product development cycle, design for manufacturing and produce ability.
- Knowledgeable in crafting machine qualification requirements, design of experiments and failure analysis.
- Understands machine qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility.
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- NX, SolidWorks CAD or ProE experiences.
- Basic understanding of liquid adhesives, PSA’s and VHB’s.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities.
- Math & Analytical skills: advanced mathematical skills, including statistical analysis; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements.
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
direct dial - 631.498.8329