Materials Analyst III
Materials Analyst III
Plainview, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
As a Senior Material Analyst, you'll analyze materials costs in support of bid and proposal activity and ongoing price variance analysis. Position will analyze and price the Bill of Materials (BOM), coordinating with Engineering, Program Management, Sales, Procurement, Finance and other departments to define material requirements, including compliance requirements and strategies for procurement.
- Participate in program meetings such as the Kick Off meeting and periodic program reviews.
- Review and resolve any discrepancies or questions with proposal ground rules and pricing requirements received from the Proposal / Program Manager.
- Review BOM. For proposals without a released BOM, based on comparison to other similar projects, work with Engineering to define the material requirements and complexity factors.
- Develop materials cost proposal based on historical price information, recent bids, current supply chain practices and other information, applying judgment to determine best factors for developing pricing.
- Identify items that will be subcontract items and identify resources available for subcontract support for respective items
- Assure compliance with the Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business requirements of the Request for Proposal or the law by ensuring opportunities are extended to qualified businesses as required. Determine the added cost, if any, required to meet the prescribed goals.
- Solicit, receive and analyze supplier quotes to ensure reasonable price and compliance to Company design specifications.
- Roll up pricing and summarize for review and approval. Forward the completed priced BOM manually or electronically to Finance for proposal roll up costing with copies to the Program Manager and OPM as necessary. Provide Procurement with target pricing prior to program release.
- In the materials proposal summary report, identify risk items such as those that exhibit delivery, technical, exception or obsolescence risks; and indicate high-risk suppliers such as companies that may be financially unstable.
- Provide analysis and support for evaluation of actual purchase performance against material budget.
- Explain analyses and defend pricing justifications in audits from customers, DCAA, Corporate or others. Maintain proposal support data and records in support of audits throughout and upon completion of material costing process.
- Attend and represent Materials department in program status meetings;
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Actively support continuous improvement and Lean implementation through utilization of Lean principles in materials activities and participation in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team and program reviews as appropriate.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME); Train and/or provide support to junior analyst as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Company's goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Perform work using SAP information system and Microsoft Excel
- Use significant judgment and discretion to make determinations and analyses.
- Associates Degree
- Five (5) years' experience in materials cost estimating/proposals
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in materials finance/analysis, estimating, and planning with a strong analytical approach
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Proficiency with Excel
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Micro electronics and/or defense industry experience
- Prior experience developing materials cost proposals
- Knowledge of Indentured Bills of Materials
- Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to interpret a variety of instructions, terms and conditions, and legal requirements furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to obtain and maintain active secret security clearance