Network Security Administrator
Network Security Administrator
Hauppauge, New York
Accounting, Finance and Real Estate
Our client - a major bank on Long Island is looking for a Network Security Administrator who is ready to move in to a Senior role. The title is Senior Network Security Administrator. This candidate will lead a small team and any efforts to ensure the efficient operation of the network and its connected systems. This includes optimization of network configurations and traffic flow, protection of connected systems from cyber-threats, and effective patch management. This bank operates on a hybrid schedule (3 days in office and 2 days remote).
- Execute projects and initiatives with internal stakeholders on cybersecurity and operational resilience for the bank.
- Maximize network security by monitoring critical applications and performance, tracking emerging threats and vulnerabilities, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network engineers on network optimization.
- Continuous monitoring of metrics produced by existing AI and ML technologies within the bank to identify irregularities and mitigate potential threats.
- Evaluate the security of network devices, operating systems, servers, cloud environments (Azure & AWS) and software including Windows Server 12, 16, and 19, Active Directory and Office365.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and drive for results, while being extremely detail orientated.
- Project, configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and any other related software, such as anti-virus, routers, Anti-SPAM, switches, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention, firewalls, cryptography systems, SIEM, MDM, IAM, and PAM.
- Conduct periodic vulnerability testing, Purple Team exercises, and vulnerability remediation.
- Work in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to ensure employees? have devices that are fully operational and secure.
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorized changes are made to devices.
- Collaborate with other departments on security-related items and any other duties as assigned by the bank.
- Extensive technical know-how of security network devices (switches, antivirus, firewalls, cryptography, SIEM) and any other security networking hardware or software tools.
- Minimum two years’ experience identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures.
- Knowledge of Cisco Firepower and strong routing and switching experience.
- Reviewing system changes for security implications and recommending improvements.
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating, and supporting network security.
- At least one Security related certification and track record of keeping abreast of this ever changing industry. CISCO, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, CCSA, FCNSP, CISSP, SSCP, CEH, GIAC, Security +, OSCP, CompTIA Server+, MCSE, LPIC, CompTIA Cloud+, VCP, or CCSE certified.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols, and experience with wireless technology and wireless deployment for a user base over 500.
- Have a comprehensive understanding and technical know-how in server administration, including GPO deployment, patching, network device configuration, and hardware management.
- Good team player, self-confident, motivated, and independent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to remain calm while multi-tasking and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
- Additionally, stretches routinely beyond defined boundaries to lend skill and expertise to partner with teams across the organization with a focus on continuous improvement.