Architecture, Energy, Engineering & Construction
Our client is seeking a Production Manager to manage and direct all fabrication and production at all locations with a focus on safety, quality, and productivity. Lead a team of Superintendents in a continuous improvement environment and ensure shop production schedules are met.
Must be able to read and understand drawings, codes, and specifications. Will ensure all established fabrication procedures are followed.
Salary : $110000 - $140000
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget.
- Manage and direct all day-to-day facility operations by leading a team of Superintendents with a focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Pre-Planning and implementation of new projects and processes into production.
- Be aware of all project’s specific technical specifications and schedules to know if material is onsite and time is allowed for completion.
- Review all drawings, know, and understand what work that will be in fabrication on the floor and plan for where, who and how the work will be completed at each facility.
- Work with QC Manager and/or shop QC managers to ensure shop priorities are relayed to the QC department to plan to meet shop needs.
- Ensure the facility is adequately staffed for all shifts to meet production needs by evaluating shortfalls and relaying information to recruiting team members.
- Ensure the facility has the equipment and consumables needed to meet production needs by communicating with appropriate point of contact such as Superintendents, Maintenance Managers and Welding Managers.
- Initiate and oversee cost reduction programs within the facilities.
- Inform senior management of any issues that will affect safety, quality, or productivity.
- Established performance history in shop fabrication management with a focus on ASME, AISC, API code work.
- The Production Manager must have a background in supervision, coaching, managing processes, process improvement, production planning and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, codes, and specifications. Will ensure all established fabrication procedures are followed.
Education and/or Experience:
15+ years in similar role with extensive knowledge in custom steel fabrication.
Salary Range - $110k -$140k
Director of Recruiting
direct dial - 631.498.8329