Commack, New York
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
A leading contract manufacturer of various snack food products located in Commack; NY is currently seeking a Production supervisor. The position is responsible for leading the production activities in a single site production facility.
Our Client is looking for an energetic, creative Production Supervisor to join our team. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in developing and growing a dynamic organization. The position provides multi production line leadership to the production team focusing on delivering on key safety, quality, delivery and cost standards.
This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in developing and growing with a dynamic organization with a strong belief in the power of people, collaboration and creativity.
- Maintain work procedures and employee safety programs
- Foster a collaborative working environment across all functions of the business
- Collaborate with Quality and Sanitation departments to maintain all good manufacturing and food safety practices are followed and a priority
- Daily production line management
- Work with Production Manager to solve manufacturing issues, understand and mitigate problems and provide direction to production line teams
- Coaching, mentoring and training of production leads and employees
- Manage resources including people, equipment and materials to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards
- Understand production line standards and processes
- Manage work in process inventory through employee practices and ERP system
- Work closely with shift Production manager to drive continuous improvement, efficiencies and LEAN processes
- Support capital projects and continuous improvement activities
- Has strong diagnostic skills
- Customer Focus: Understands and monitors the needs of internal and external customers relating to specifications and procedures.
- Adaptable / Flexible: Open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
- Self-Starter: Drive programs to conform with set standards, ensuring the development of a robust culture
- 4 - Year degree in engineering, operations, supply chain or business administration or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 Years’ Experience in a food manufacturing facility
- 3 - 5 Years’ Experience in a supervisory or management position
- Experience working in BRC or SQF environments preferred
- ERP / OEE (Deacom) system experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work weekends as needed
They have excellent benefits including generous medical benefits, insurance plans, 401k Match, Tuition Reimbursement and Paid Time Off.
direct dial - 631.498.8329