Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our client is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1990, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Their core services include architectural, structural, transportation and roadway design, water/wastewater engineering, construction management and inspection, and surveying.
Education: Minimum 5-year degree in Architecture from an accredited NAAB program
Experience: 5+ years full time
Registrations/Certifications: Registered Architect or on track for registration
Essential Function: Production and coordination of documents during each phase of individual projects. May perform Project Manager functions on smaller scale projects as assigned.
Reports to: Project Manager
Supervises: Designers and/or Intern Architects
- Reports to Project Manager on staff progress regarding performance.
- Reports to Project Manager on assigned project status
- Assists Project Manager in training and mentoring junior staff
- Any authority delegated by immediate supervisor
- Design and detailing for specific assigned projects
- Specification writing for specific assigned projects
- Construction Administration for specific projects as assigned by the Project Manager
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Maintain relationships with Subconsultants, Clients, Contractors, and other internal staff members
- Execute design and documentation in compliance with the firms CAD Standards
- Coordination of design and documentation with subconsultants and internal staff members
- Communicate regularly with the Project Manager regarding status of assigned projects throughout design, bidding, permitting, and construction.
- Building and zoning code analysis / review
- Assist in the creation of various Facility Assessment Reports and/or Detailed Design Memorandums
- Assist Project Manager in project and staff scheduling
- Be familiar with Client / Project requirements
- Technical skills including creating architectural design, details, and documents
- Proficient user of AutoCAD software, minimum
- Revit experience, preferred
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software suit
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Physically capable of performing job activities including sitting, standing, climbing ladders, stairs, and lifts.
Director of Recruiting