Staten Island, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our client is one of the most respected heavy civil construction companies in the Tri-state area. They are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team of top professionals.
- Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
- Assist Project Manager and Field Superintendent.
- Comprehend and administer corporate safety program to ensure a safe work environment for entire site.
- Provide observations, attend meetings and assist Safety Manager for field operation.
- Generate and/or adopt to company's quality requirements and culture.
- Ability to assist Field Superintendent & Field Foreman/labor crews to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project are met.
- Track and report quantities of work performed in field.
- Oversee and manage assigned subcontractors
- Ability to assist Project Manager with document control items- such as work plans, submittals, quantity tracking, RFI’s, identify conflicts, production review, cost reviews, quarterly forecasts & scheduling assistance.
- 8+ years' experience as Field Engineer in Heavy Civil and General Contracting.
- Heavy Civil, Utility work, Waste/Stormwater sewer and Watermain experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform calculations either manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit & climb as necessary.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience. Subject to outside working conditions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by company's Contracting’s Code of Conduct daily.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
#IND2 #ZR #CB