Quality Control Analyst I
Quality Control Analyst I
Stony Brook, New York
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client combines science, data and system integration for healthcare solutions and is one of the fastest growing Life Sciences companies on Long Island.
Salary : $55000 - $65000
Quality Control Analyst I - Life Sciences
One of Long Island's fastest growing Life Sciences companies is seeking a Quality Control Analyst. The Quality Control Analyst, under the supervision of the Senior Manager initiates and coordinates quality related data from Production, Research and Development, or Process Improvement activities and prepares a QC Report. The QC Analyst works with the Senior Manager to implement and execute Quality Control procedures, methods, and documentation to determine product quality and release readiness. The QC Analyst communicates with Production, Project Management, Operations, and/or Quality Assurance and Compliance, regarding commitments and functional requirements of tested materials. The QC Analyst is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds company requirements. We are seeking 1+ years of experience and the salary ranges from $55-$65k plus benefits.
- Ensures delivery of department goals and objectives, including meeting internal and external commitments.
- Accepts samples into the Quality Control Laboratory by reviewing accompanying documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs Quality Control testing of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods and applies scientific principles to analysis, identification, and classification of these samples. Strictly adheres to standard operating procedures (SOPs) while performing QC assays.
- Generates detailed and accurate reports using computer and software skills and distributes those reports to various users in the organization.
- Executes experiments for laboratory investigations and summarizes the results in a report.
- Performs careful and thorough technical review of Quality Control Reports.
- Operates and maintains critical and non-critical laboratory equipment and apparatuses.
- Manages cloud-based remote environmental monitoring system for QC lab spaces.
- Manages current lab inventory while anticipating the future purchasing needs of the QC laboratory.
- Assists the Senior Manager, Quality Control in revising and reviewing documentation, including quality procedures, specifications, and SOPs.
- Maintains QC related documents on Google Drive.
- Collects, organizes, monitors, and distributes information related to quality and process improvement functions, possibly including, but not limited to, compliance to and/or documentation of quality management standards, such as ISO 9001.
- Assists with internal and external audits of the QC laboratory.
- Participate in any ISO-related certification and accreditation programs, and works closely with the Forensics, Production, Research and Development, and Quality Assurance teams.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities inside and outside of the company. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others.
- Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve quality and service.
- Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Develops alternative and creative solutions, while adhering to the boundaries set by standard operating procedures and specifications. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages using knowledge and experience.
- Seamlessly balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in life/physical sciences or technical discipline; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer candidates with prior laboratory experience, preferably in a Quality Control setting. Working knowledge of laboratory equipment/processes including, but not limited to HPLC, FT-IR, Capillary Electrophoresis, and PCR (end-point, digital, and quantitative) is also preferred. Training will be provided.
- Working knowledge of ISO or similar compliance programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, track, execute, and document multiple projects and/or experiments simultaneously.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of Google applications (Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Working knowledge of assay specific software is a plus.
Scott Passeser, Sr. VP
Commack, NY 11725