Exeter, New Hampshire
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Are you passionate about developing Radio Frequency technology? Our client is actively seeking a highly motivated RF/Microwave Engineer to join their engineering development team. In this dynamic environment you will participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated RF/Microwave cable and connector assemblies used in a wide variety of Aerospace and Defense applications, providing protection to our warfighters. The successful candidate will have a solid theoretical background in RF/Microwave theory and will also have the creative thinking skills to bring a product from concept to field use.
- This position reports to the RF Engineering Manager.
- Support design activities as a “Project Lead” for company's cable value stream. Perform electrical design by utilizing simulation software. Delegation and program management skills to be used to run projects and manage projects, inclusive of customer interactions, from review/quoting phase through customer delivery.
- Regular updates to management on project status.
- Support sales and BD in quotes and spec reviews of cable components.
- Assure that engineering activities are performed in accordance with AS9100 guidelines, tailored as appropriate per company procedures based on the varying complexity and risk of individual programs.
- Interface with customers and vendors via all forms of communication, i.e.: email, phone, face-to-face. Run peer reviews, customer reviews, Kick-off meetings, PDRs, CDRs, etc., with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assuring that design for manufacturability, design to unit production cost (DTUPC), and design for reliability are considered during all development efforts (in coordination Engineering Management).
- Author test plans and test reports. Plans/reports to include but not limited to: ATPs, QTP’s, White Paper Write-ups, Analysis Reports, customer responses, etc.
- Support production and quality with product design, manufacturability and MRB support. Providing RF engineering expertise to operations and other functions as needed to achieve customer satisfaction, revenue, profitability, and continuous improvement objectives.
- Works independently with manager direction to determine and develop approaches to solve design and process problems. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure that objectives have been met. May assist in orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments.
- Aid in the borderless engineering initiative. Working collaboratively with the other IES engineers to enable cross-functional and cross-site teams to realize the full strength of IES engineering capabilities, including coordinating resource assignments, tool selection, and procedure development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Three (3+) years of experience in new electrical components development and engineering-to-production transitions.
- Three (3+) years of HFSS/CST simulation software or other RF modeling tool sets.
- Three (3+) years of experience using network analyzer (PNA.)
- Three (3+) years of experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license.)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- BSEE with advanced post-graduate studies in Microwave RF systems engineering or equivalent.
- Prior experience designing cable assemblies inclusive of connectors from DC to 68 GHz.
- Knowledge of RF measurements.
- Experience with PNA or equivalent network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power analyzer/power meter.
- Experience with Ansys HFSS, CST or ADS.
- Prior experience designing products for defense applications.
- Experience with manufacturing processes including machining (CNC, EDM, and Additive Manufacturing), aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrications and plating.
- Design experience in cable/connector components.
direct dial - 631.498.8329