SAP Development (ABAP) Manager
SAP Development (ABAP) Manager
Melville, New York
Executive Alliance is pleased to represent our client who is a global leader in digital imaging for consumer electronics and medical devices products. They are seeking a SAP Development (ABAP) Manager working on a hybrid schedule out of their North American Headquarters in Melville, Long Island, N.Y.
- This is a hybrid role, with 2 days remote and 3 days of presence at the company’s North American HQ in Melville, N.Y.
- Relocation assistance could be available to those willing to relocate to the Long Island/New York metropolitan area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
The ideal candidate would be experienced and able to perform the following:
1. Evaluate business requirements and perform business process definition, prototyping, system configuration, development, test and implement software for new or modification to business requirements.
2. Lead ABAP development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify, recommend, and implement optimum technical solutions for SAP systems
- Oversee all ABAP and EDI constants
- Oversee and provide SAP ABAP programming and technical analysis support to all territories mentioned
- Design, develop and test ABAP enhancements, interfaces, reports, Data Dictionary, SAPscript forms, Web Services, BAPI, RFC, Web Dynpro and LSMW.
- Develop Bilingual reports and SAP scripts (Spanish/French).
- Monitor Job log and Error Logs daily.
- Object Version analysis.
- Troubleshoot program errors and performance problems.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Perform technical studies and evaluations.
- Review and verify technical design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of SAP applications.
- Analyze, design and resolve system problems.
- Assist with SAP configuration, tuning and monitoring.
- Lead the execution of SAP technical and functional upgrades and support package installations.
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- Monitor interfaces during the end of the month closings.
- Develop SAPScript forms, reports, interfaces, data conversions, enhancements, workflow, etc.
- All other duties as required or needed.
- Strong SAP knowledge of ABAP, LSMW, Web Dynpro, BAPI, RFC, Web Services, Data Dictionary and SAPScript
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Experience with ECC6 or greater release of SAP R/3
- Experience with S/4 Hana a plus
- SAP certification a plus
- Knowledge of SAP EDI is a plus
- UNIX knowledge a plus
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years related experience
- 3-5 years hands on configuration and support experience, including system upgrades
- 3-5 years experience in Programming
- BA Computer Science