New Orleans, Louisiana
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
A leading multi-state Solar Energy firm is looking for a Senior Accountant/ (CPA) to join their growing team of top professionals in the New Orleans Area.
Our client is seeking a passionate Senior Accountant to assist with their pre-IPO efforts. The Senior Accountant reports to the controller and should possess technical accounting and SEC acumen to assist with addressing US Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (US GAAP) and technical SEC matters, ensure timely and accurate financial statement preparation, develop, and maintain Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance around financial reporting.
- Responsible for financial statement preparation, including non-public financial statements and public statements such as Forms S-1, 10-Q and 10-K along with footnote disclosures and other filings as necessary
- Responsible for keeping current with technical accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting trends, and assist with analyzing the impact of such trends on the Company
- Lead the Company’s US GAAP and the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) Compliance efforts
- Lead the SOX compliance over financial reporting initiative
- Develop processes aimed at maintaining supporting binders with documents to support financial statement disclosure data
- Collaborate with External Auditor on timing of audit deliverables and deadlines
- Conduct technical accounting research on complex transactions and interpret GAAP accounting standards and SEC standards
- Monitor and identify major performance areas for enhancement via automation and integration where possible.
- Train and develop staff in their areas, as needed. Provide performance feedback and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA designation is required.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Experience at a “Big 4”, regional firm or a combination of public accounting and industry environment experience are highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Intacct ERP a plus.
- Strong MS Office application (Excel and Word) required. Google Workspace experience preferred
- Work experience in an SEC reporting company responsible for preparation of financial statements and disclosures
- Experience of conducting technical accounting and SEC research to address accounting for complex and/or unusual transactions required
- Strong knowledge of SEC regulations, FASB standards and GAAP affecting accounting and financial reporting required.