Collections & BPO
Our Financial Law Firm client is experiencing tremendous organic growth and are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant. This will be a hybrid role working 2 to 3 days in their office in Brookfield WI, Denver CO, Atlanta GA, Birmingham AL, or Greenville SC.
The Sr. Staff Accountant, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, will support the accounting department in a wide variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for operating and trust accounts
- Assist with maintaining and reconciling sub ledgers to the general ledger
- Support with internal controls including review of risk areas
- Contribute to monthly and annual financial statement preparation and analysis including supporting work-papers
- Review financial statements for specific entities
- Provide financial and cashflow analysis across all entities.
- Loan balance and covenant review
- Fixed asset management including tracking of fixed asset purchases, recording depreciation and accounting for disposition
- Assist with various client cost and payment audit preparation
- Miscellaneous tax preparation including: sales tax, personal property, various state required returns, unclaimed property
- General ledger reconciliation and preparation of journal entries
- Serves as a liaison between firm and outside parties
- Additional financial reporting duties as needed
- Mentor and review work of Staff Accountants, AR and AP
Minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance OR an Associate’s Degree with 5 or more years of related experience. Experience including, but not limited to: A/P, A/R, General ledger reconciliation, financial statement preparation, bank reconciliations, fixed asset management. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks. Ability to multi-task and manage time in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to work within a team environment that is results driven, fast paced often with shifting priorities.