Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
New York, New York
Executive Alliance is pleased to represent our client who is a leading health information exchange. They are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to manage its network infrastructure, with a focus on Server firewalls in both Linux and Windows, network infrastructure and VPN connectivity services. This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the IT Department.
This role is HYBRID - candidate CAN WORK REMOTELY but live close to NYC and be available to attend periodic meetings and events at the company NYC offices as required.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the Project Management, Development, Security and HIE Support teams to ensure successful project implementations. This is a “hands on” role accountable for ensuring the reliability, availability, and security of Client services to its Participant organizations. Experience in a Healthcare Payer/Provider environment is preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform advisory role on complex project initiatives.
- Maintain the company’s Network IP inventory and assign IP accordingly.
- Responsible for VPN connectivity via site-to-site and user connections.
- Go-to person for network related tasks, including firewalls, ACL, Cisco Switch, Cisco FirePower, VPN, WAF, F5, IP-Tables.
- Ability to work with various teams in the organization such as Quality Assurance, Development, Project Management to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Create Network Vlan and modify firewall ACL on demand.
- RSA Administration including new user VPN setup.
- Linux, Windows Server 2016/2019 administration.
- Work closely with Information Security Team to remediate network security vulnerabilities.
- Periodic review of security requirements to ensure infrastructure design is compliant.
- Ensure FIPs 140-2 compliance across infrastructure.
- Interact closely with auditors to gather evidence and provide documentation for audits.
- Evaluate alternative technologies in relation to infrastructure needs.
- Identify gaps in efficiencies about VPN connections.
- Identify Security gaps in design.
- Detect and review trending traffic patterns and logs.
- Prepare complete and concise documentation of network changes.
- Extensive experience:
- Cisco ASA 5500-X VPN, and ACL configuration troubleshooting and Palo Alto NGFW, and Panorama
- BIG IP F5 Load Balancer, CISCO Switch port configurations including MAC address security, VLAN configurations, ACL
- Cisco Networking Devices, VMWare Networking, NetApp Networking, Active Directory Network Infrastructure, AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Windows and Red Hat Linux OS Firewall
- Solid experience:
- Cisco Nexus 5K, 9K, UCS, ACI configuration and troubleshooting
- HP, Dell, NetApp, Cisco UCS servers, virtualization, SAN and NAS, Active Directory.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active Virtual System/Network Administrator with an excellent can-do attitude.
- Security minded network engineer with experience in design implementation and best practices.
- Responsible for operational activities in support of Client business areas and customers.
- Strong technical understanding of IT infrastructure architecture, design and operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of Infrastructure components and protocols and how they fit into an enterprise architecture, including network communications protocols.
- Excellent ability to collaborate comfortably, make technology decisions and effectively work with senior management and other key leaders and peers
- Demonstrated capability to multitask and prioritize tasks on multiple fronts.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility for specific deliverables. Demonstrated skill in design, implementation, and administration of VMware network including distributed switches and Vlans.
- Successful track record for building, managing, improving, and maintaining IT network Infrastructure.
- Experience in component planning/activities using Visio.
- Monitoring the infrastructure via SolarWinds
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- CCNP minimum requirement
- Prior Certificate Management experience highly desirable
Salary Range $125k-$140k