Senior Supply Chain Manager
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Plainview, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
This Senior Supply Chain Manager position will be responsible to oversee day to day procurement, inventory management, material planning, and kitting activities for the supply chain programs in Plainview, NY. The Senior Supply Chain Manager will provide technical oversight, management and capacity building for these functions.
A successful candidate must lead and develop a high performing team that contribute to the overall success of the program execution of all subcontracting activity is in compliance with current Company Policy and U.S. Government regulations.
- Responsible for U.S. Government Reporting for Subcontracts and Subawards.
- Responsible for overall supplier performance and execution to support program execution and financial objectives.
- Collaborates across functional organizations to develop solutions and ensure supplier performance supports the needs of the organization.
- Establish and develop strong business partner relationships with critical suppliers to drive accountability and performance.
- Communicate effectively and routinely on all supply chain issues, to Directors, Vice Presidents, program teams and functional leaders.
- Exercise strong business acumen to connect technical concerns to ultimate contract performance and proactively identify and resolve problems and customer concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and evaluate metrics for trends and root causes and formulate proactive plans to ensure overall program success.
- Supervisory responsibilities for a team of supply chain professionals ranging from senior experienced buyers to new college hires.
- Responsible for developing short-, medium- and long-term Supply Chain strategies to achieve its business objectives for both sustaining and developing programs.
- Participate in the development of the process and system changes necessary to enhance Supply Chain performance and continuous improvement.
- Manage projects (budgeting, staffing, risk assessment and mitigation) to ensure complete customer satisfaction and project execution.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and compliance to company and government policies.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
Ensuring the development of the Supply Chain talent through talent reviews and succession planning
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
Experience in supply chain management, procurement, subcontract management, managing the performance of a broad supply base, business.
Experience with financial impacts of decisions on the organization’s budget and the program to include managing cost, schedule and/or performance.
Graduate Degree in relevant area of study
Proven ability to collaborate across the organization, cross functionally and operate effectively within a matrix environment
Strong project management skills and ability to convert requirements into executable strategies
Strong critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
Skilled in communications, team building, conflict resolution, and relationship management to create an effective partnering environment that includes credibility, respect, and trust
Solid understanding of other related business disciplines, and how they interact with Supply Chain, including program management, engineering, quality, finance and operations
Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Director of Recruiting
direct dial - 631.498.8329