Milford, New Hampshire
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of underwater sensor technologies for marine and industrial applications
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer that is comfortable in a team environment and has proven work experience in embedded microprocessor systems. Tasks will include algorithm-based software features and environmental sensor designs for our products. The successful candidate will demonstrate adherence to best engineering design practices, show proficiency in writing efficient ‘C’ software for resource-limited platforms, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Bluetooth, Ethernet, CAN Bus, and other forms of electronic communication are a plus.
- Design, document, and develop software for embedded real-time microprocessor systems, executing the full software development lifecycle in a team-centric environment.
- Design, document, and develop embedded product feature software that meets user requirements and delights customers.
- Design, document, and develop software tools using Python that support engineering development and test activities as needed.
- Follow coding standards, development and release procedures, and other documented processes.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and other forms of collaborative peer review, both as a presenter and a reviewer.
- Openly and actively collaborate as a member of cross-functional development teams and with other software engineers.
- Analyze product, technology, and feature proposals and provide level-of-effort estimates.
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis by conferring with product, technology, and feature stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Produce software specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software systems.
- Perform product, technology, and feature software planning and clearly communicate ideas to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience with embedded microprocessor systems as a Software Engineer.
- Expert in embedded C programming. Experience with C++ and/or ARM Assembly is a plus.
- Experience with common embedded software development and troubleshooting tools, including compilers, editors and JTAG emulators. Oscilloscopes, and logic analyzer experience a plus.
- Ability to document and communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong background in mathematics and engineering sciences. Experience in signal processing is a plus.
- Experience with developing complex Python Graphical user interfaces is a plus.
- Ability to speak French with at least limited working proficiency is a plus.
Scott Passeser, Sr. VP
Commack, NY 11725