Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Yaphank, New York
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Our client is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to oversee day to day procurement, inventory management, material planning, and kitting activities for the supply chain programs. The Supply Chain will be responsible for providing daily leadership, operational direction, and continuous improvement to all assigned supply chain personnel. Manager will also provide technical oversight, management and capacity building for these functions.
A successful candidate must lead and develop a high performing team that contribute to the overall success of the program execution of all subcontracting activity is in compliance with current Company Policy and U.S. Government regulations.
Salary : $90000 - $125000
- Responsible for providing daily leadership, operational direction, and continuous improvement to all assigned supply chain personnel.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all procurement planning and proposal activities.
- Align staff resources and activities to provide efficient execution of assigned responsibilities
- Manage the operations planning function to ensure timely release and completion of work orders in accordance with business objectives.
- Oversee stockroom and kitting activities to ensure proper inventory controls are in place to support program and business needs.
- Partners with accounting team to implement and sustain proper inventory management practices.
- Ensure support for the Program Office for assigned business area.
- Responsible for leading development, maintenance, and use of Program Supply Chain plans for active Programs
- Responsible for teaming with Program and Finance leadership to ensure material availability supports business objectives.
- Responsible for teaming with the Quality organization to manage supplier base risk and supplier development.
- Responsible for leading supplier evaluation, selection and management activities
- Establish goals and objectives for group and individual employees in group.
- Identify and implement appropriate performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Supply Chain
- Confers with organization’s senior management to plan business objectives, to develop organization policies related to Supply Chain and to coordinate the Supply Chain function.
- Advises management regarding sub-contractual rights, obligations and other sub-contractual matters such as effective use of resources and legal issues.
- Translates the organizations strategic vision into discrete work activities.
- Ensure continuing compliance with all policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develop staff training and developments plans for continuous improvement.
- Comply with all government, corporate and business unit policies, procedures and regulations.
- Leads others through change and deliver organizational improvement on defined metrics, other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting.
- 10- 12 years’ experience in Supply Chain.
- 7 years supervisory experience.
- Strong operational management skills (e.g. knowledge of various Supply Chain tools, methods and approaches; determine correct acquisition method; ensure leveling of workload across programs to ensure completion within defined operational metrics, etc.)
- Knowledge of planning and inventory management methodologies, approaches and strategies to optimize supply chain value.
- Ability to lead complex international supply chain sourcing and procurement activities (e.g. RFX development and management; supplier qualification and management; contract formulation and negotiation; etc.)
- Strong management skills while aligning the organization to meet changing demands.
- Implement and execute change management.
- Strong data analytic skills in the areas of procurement, supplier management, inventory control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products mainly Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles with a sense of urgency. Sound cognitive processing to deliver solid decisions.
- Works within the highest level of integrity and safety. Knowledge of FARs/DFARs regulations and their appropriate application to business transactions.
Salary Range - $90,000 - $125,000.00
Director of Recruiting
direct dial - 631.498.8329