Technical Manager - Metallurgy
Technical Manager - Metallurgy
Dunkirk, New York
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
SHARE THIS JOB
Our client is a $65 million steel company with an opening in their Dunkirk, NY plant for a Technical Manager of Metallurgy.
Salary : $115000 - $135000
Technical Manager- Metallurgy
Position is responsible for providing order-to-cash metallurgical leadership and support related to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of processes and products that safely and cost-effectively meet or exceed customer demands for quality, consistency, and on-time performance. This position pays between $110,000-$135,000 per year with great benefits and it is located in a very inexpensive but beautiful area, Dunkirk, NY. Watch a video about Dunkirk. A full relocation package is being offered.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure personal and staff compliance with safety policies and rules. Promote a safety culture.
- Cultivate effective employee relations based on mutual respect, a team-based culture, and employee engagement in safety, quality, continuous improvement, and all other business activities.
- Prioritize workload for the metallurgical staff based on business demands and available resources.
- Communicate performance expectations to assigned employees, including safety, quality, and all documentation.
- Initiate, develop, and implement plans that will improve existing process and product quality and consistency.
- Initiate, develop, and implement manufacturing plans, processes, and procedures related to new products.
- Measure and improve First Time Through (FTT) quality by unit.
- Ensure compliance with established quality systems and procedures.
- Review and investigate customer claims and internal CARs and prepare resolution reports.
- Lead and manage product development initiatives and projects, ensuring timely and effective results that support cost-effective implementation of customer demands.
- Develop capabilities regarding SPC, SQC, Lean, etc.
- Define and report meaningful metrics related to development and production to ensure timely and efficient communication.
- Oversee the Specific Product Design (SPD) process to provide direction and deliver timely and accurate results in line with customer expectations.
- Oversee contract review and material application to customer orders.
- Provide support relative to OEM qualification activities.
- Review test results for compliance with product specifications/customer requirements
- Determine root cause and ensure implementation of corrective actions through analysis of rejects and non-conformities in order to resolve customer-generated complaints and ensure satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills High interpersonal effectiveness to achieve inter and intra-plant collaboration
- Strong team and project management skills
- Statistical process control and analysis
- Effective problem solving
- Results-focused and continuous improvement mentality
- High-function computer literacy
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a periodic basis to customers, vendors, or other locations.
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Minimum four-year degree in Metallurgy or Material Science and Engineering
- Minimum 5 years process manufacturing, preferably in an AS9100/Nadcap certified mill environment, with 3 years in a leadership role
- Stainless, low alloy, bearing steels and high-temperature materials knowledge
- Specialty steel processing: AOD, VIM, ESR, VAR, hot working, heat treating, metal machining, and /or finishing experience non-destructive and destructive testing.
- Demonstrated results leading project teams.
- US citizen or US person meeting ITAR requirements
- Sponsorship of VISA will be considered for strong candidates
- Health and Dental Insurance Day one
- 401k Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life Insurance
Scott Passeser, Sr. VP
Commack, NY 11725