Hauppauge, New York
Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Our client is seeking a Test Technician/ Engineering Aide that will perform operational tests and determines product acceptability and quality on a wide variety of complex electronic developmental and production components, subassemblies and systems by following test specifications, standard test procedures or general written or verbal instructions.
- Performs operational tests on a wide variety of moderately complex production components, subassemblies and systems using data sheets, schematics, wiring diagrams, established test specifications and standard test procedures, which clearly outline procedures to be followed.
- Components include BLDC motors, stepper motors, actuators, analog and digital circuit cards. Sets up and operates in accordance with prescribed procedures a variety of test stands consisting of multiples of standard test equipment such as pulse generators, 2 & 3 Phase motor drives, torque transducers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, counters, etc.
- Works with engineering instructions and standard test procedures to operationally test developmental products as required.
- Aligns and adjusts subassemblies and/or systems in accordance with test procedures and data sheets to comply with established specifications and accept able performance.
- Interprets test data and checks results against specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine proper functioning and quality of product.
- Follow standard test procedures as required to troubleshoot, locate and diagnose malfunctions within the unit requiring application of technical knowledge, skill and ingenuity.
- Realigns and readjusts unit as required. Designates rework instructions where necessary and retest work after rework. Stamps and otherwise approves test results.
- Records test data and submit test failure/acceptance reports and notifies supervisor of unusual conditions or undesirable trends.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 2+ years of electro/mechanical testing experience. Experience using testing equipment (Oscilloscopes, Voltmeters).
- Experience reading test procedures.
- Experience working with MS Excel.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associate's Degree in a technical related field, electrical engineering background preferred. In lieu of degree, 2-4 years of related experience can be considered.
- Experience with motor testing or actuator testing, or thermal testing experience.
direct dial - 631.498.8329