New York, New York
Accounting, Finance and Real Estate
Our client is a specialized, high-growth Managing General Agency (MGA) who is looking for an Underwriting Assistant with experience in Construction General Liability.
Salary : $65000 - $80000
- Handle rating, policy issuance, endorsement processing, and data entry, related to their Habitational and Construction GL clients.
- Partner with Underwriters to establish support needs for new and renewal policies (i.e., identify and gather relevant account information to quote or issue policies)
- Work with identified resources to maintain file organization.
- Manage the diary system to ensure that all necessary information is received within established timelines.
- Research and provide underwriting analysis of account information and ensure overall regulatory compliance.
- Assist Underwriting with submission clearance, rating, binders, policy issuance, cancellations, endorsements, renewal preparation, and state and federal filings.
- Manage/maintain document control.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Participate in ongoing scheduled meetings with underwriters to discuss accounts, renewals, and the risk management needs of every client.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Benefits Package Including - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Generous PTO
- Positive and nurturing work culture.
- Producers License
- A positive and professional attitude
- 5+ years in the insurance industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work from home as needed (designated work space).
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to interact with internal staff, department managers.